2019 Voertman / Academy of American Poets Prize
The Department of English is pleased to announce this year's $200 Voertman / Academy of American Poets prize for UNT's creative writing graduate students.
The Academy of Poets, as part of their Academy Book Awards, sponsors the University and College Poetry Prize Program to distribute annual prizes at over 200 colleges and universities nationwide. The program is notable for having recognized many of America's premier poetic voices during their college years, including Diane Ackerman, Alice Fulton, Tess Gallagher, Allen Grossman, Kimiko Hahn, Robert Hass, Brad Leithauser, J.D. McClatchy, Heather McHugh, and Gregory Orr, among others.
The winner will be recognized at the UNT Rilke Prize reading on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
- Open to currently enrolled Ph.D. or M.A. creative writing students in the Department of English, University of North Texas.
- Submit up to three poems in a single PDF attachment. Yourname should not appear on the manuscript.
- All submissions must have 2019 Voertman Prize in the subject line.
- Email submissions to Corey Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must be received by Friday, February, 1, 2019.
Paul Voertman endowed the Voertman / Academy of American Poets Prize for creative writing graduate students at UNT.
More info here: http://english.unt.edu/creative-writing/voertman-aap-prize