Academic Assistantships are available to those whose GRE verbal scores are at or above the 50th percentile or whose TOEFL scores are at 575 or higher.
Jobs as an Academic Assistant in the Department of English are awarded on a competitive basis and are designed to allow graduate students opportunities to assist full-time faculty who request assistance. To be eligible, one must have a GRE verbal score at or above the 50th percentile.
Duties may include the following:
- Attend each class regularly
- Read the class's assigned reading list
- Keep accurate and updated class attendance records
- Grade papers, exams, and quizzes in a timely manner
- Use an electronic/Blackboard grade book AND keep a hard copy grade book
- Update student grades regularly
- Assist with lectures perhaps, but on a very limited basis
- Offer review sessions
- Tutor students
- Know and enforce course policies
- Communicate regularly with the instructor
Click on the link to go directly to our job posting on Handshake: https://unt.joinhandshake.com/jobs/924251.